Today, I will show you How to Make Misal Pav Recipe Step by step
Misal Pav is a popular Maharashtrian Breakfast recipe and one of my favorite Maharashtrian food. Misal Pav is a spiced curry of sprouts, followed by the onions, Chivda, coriander, and a papad and Curd.
Misal Pav from Maharashtra, known for its high spicy and is particularly known as Misal Pav. There are the different version of Misal Pav Recipe such as Puneri Misal, Kolhapuri Misal, Nashik Misal, Khandeshi Misal and Nagpuri Misal name signifies regions where this Misal Pav is served. Also, you get Shev misal, Kalya Masalachi Misal, Dahi Misal, etc.
- 1 cCup white Peas
- 2 Big Sized Onions Chopped
- 1 Tomato Chopped
- 5 GreenChiliess Chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- Pinch of Hing
- 1-2 tsp Red chilly powder
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Cinnamon and clove powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1.5 tbsp Oil
- Pav ( Bread )
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
Misal Pav Recipe Step by step
How to Make Misal Pav Recipe Step by step
- Soak white peas for about 4-5 hours and then boil them with enough Water.
- Now, Chop onions, Chop mustard seeds, Chop 1 Tomato and also Chop Green chilies and keep it aside.
- Heat Oil in a wok. When the oil is hot, add the Chopped onions, Chopped mustard seeds, Chopped 1 Tomato and Chopped Green chilies to the oil. Let it cook thoroughly (you will see oil separating from the masala.)
- Now add water to make a gravy.
- Once the Onions are fried, add Ginger garlic Paste, a pinch of Hing, Cumin powder, red chili powder, a pinch of garam masala (if required).
- Now, Mix all the spices over a slow glow well.
- Now Add chopped tomatoes
- Also, Add salt to taste.
- Mix well. Add sufficient water to improve the flexibility and make it to the boil.
- Now At last, Add ½ tsp of Cinnamon and Clove powder and mix.
- Remove it in a Bowl
- Decorate it with chopped onions, chopped Coriander leaves, and taste of lemon juice.
- Serve hot Misal Pav with Pav, chivda, and a papad and Curd.
Do try this yummy and tasty Misal Pav Recipe at home Now with your Friends and family.
Now share Misal Pav Recipe with your friends and on Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, and Whatsapp.